Provided by: live better america
75% fewer calories • No fat • 38% less sodium than the original recipe see the comparison There's no need to give up Thanksgiving gravy!
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium carrot, coarsely chopped
- 1 stalk celery, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 teaspoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- Dash poultry seasoning, if desired
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat broth, onion, carrot and celery to boiling; reduce heat. Cover; simmer 15 minutes. Pour broth through strainer, pressing vegetables lightly to extract juice. Return broth to saucepan; discard vegetables.
- In small bowl, stir water, soy sauce, flour and poultry seasoning with wire whisk until smooth. Gradually stir flour mixture into broth in saucepan. Heat to boiling. Cook about 1 minute, stirring constantly, until thick and bubbly.