Healthified Broccoli Rabe And Ravioli
Healthified Broccoli Rabe and Ravioli
Provided by: live better america
77% less sat fat • 44% less cholesterol than the original recipe see the comparison. Light, fast, freshand filling! This yummy pasta dish has it all.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/3 cup sliced leek (1 medium)
- 1/4 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 3/4 cups beef broth
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper (optional)
- 5 cups coarsely chopped broccoli rabe, fresh broccoli florets, or frozen broccoli florets
- 1 can (14.5 oz) stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 package (9 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled ravioli or reduced-fat cheese filled ravioli
- 1 tablespoon snipped fresh rosemary or 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- In a large saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add leek and garlic; cook for 5 minutes. Add broth, the water, and, if desired, crushed red pepper. Bring to boiling.
- Add broccoli rabe, undrained tomatoes, ravioli, and rosemary. Return to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer for 7 to 8 minutes or until broccoli rabe and ravioli are tender. If desired, sprinkle each serving with cheese.